Monday, March 17, 2014

League Assignment- Why did I buy that?

An assignment for the league of Extraordinary bloggers is here.  It is titled why did I buy that?  Well...I had to think hard about this one.  I never usually regret my purchases.  I usually love everything I buy.   What I most regret is the stuff I sold when my father died.

But alas the topic is called Why did I buy that?  I finally found some.  Being in Mexico we get bupkiss down here for anything cool.  I did however manage to build up a wonderful DVD collection here.  Since I do not get TV in English, I rely on these for my viewing entertainment.  There are always good buys but some I wish I had not done.
Why did I buy Full House season one on DVD?  I never watched it in my teen years.  I cannot stand all the actors involved.  BUT I did.  I watched every episode.  I do not get what all the fuss is.  Oh well.  $5 wasted and a space on my shelf.  I even put it in the cafe to sell.  No one wants it.
The Simpsons.  They had a special down here.  Each season was $12...Why did I buy these?  I was 17 when they first debuted.  I never watched them in high school.  I was busy getting laid etc.  I bought seasons 1-6.  I watched a few.  NO episode ever made me laugh.  I like the Halloween episode...But I wish I hadn't done it.  Those 6 are in the cafe too.  I hope someone buys them.
Wifey wanted this show.  It was half off at Blockbuster.  So for $70 I figured why not.  We watched them all.  I think it must be just me but it seemed like it was one LONG episode of Goodfellas that kept going and going etc.  Ughh....I hated the characters.  All were loathsome.  I only laughed a few times and generally felt bad everytime we had to see them.  God is was long.  I am a sitcom guy.  30 minutes and it needs to be wrapped up.  But each one was 46 minutes of agony.

Check out what the other leaguers are saying

Those are the only two up right now.  I will add more later.


  1. Full House and The Simpsons I agree with. Sopranos, not so much. I grew up in NYC so I thought it was cool.

    1. It just seemed so long. They could have still told the story with half hour episodes.

  2. Media purchases always seem like a good idea at the time and later a complete waste.

  3. I agree Cody. I almost have to force myself to sit down and watch TV episodes on DVD. It really seems like most shows are better seen in small doses, with commercial breaks.